We know this is a busy time of the year for everyone but we just wanted to send out a quick reminder. If you haven’t already, you should be organizing an appointment to have your heating system serviced as well as your fireplaces and woodstoves. While we are thinking of our fireplace/woodstove, every year there are house fires related to Christmas trees having been placed too close to heat sources such as fireplaces or heaters.
Another common cause of house fires during the holiday season is candles. Ensure your lit candles are not placed too close to decorations or where children or pets can knock them over, and of course, never burn candles unattended.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy and Safe Holiday Season.