COVID-19 and Your Home Inspection Service
Canadian Residential continues to provide our professional home inspection services in all locations. We monitor health guidelines closely for information that may affect the inspection and will update you accordingly.
Due to COVID-19 we have some changes to the normal process for a Home Inspection, to ensure the health and safety of our home inspectors, clients, home sellers, friends and family. Please review the following information and contact us if you have questions or concerns.
Our Home Inspectors
- - will reschedule the inspection if they feel sick or if they exhibit symptoms of a respiratory illness or if they have been in contact with someone who has displayed symptoms or has tested positive for Covid-19;
- - offer no handshakes, or other customary greetings that may result in close contact;
- - will practice social distancing;
- - will use hand sanitizer before and after the inspection;
- - will make every effort to ensure proper cleaning of all contacted surfaces with sanitizing wipes after inspection.
- - Do not bring other people to the inspection such as children or extended family.
- - If you wish to see the functionality of any item within the home, please ask your inspector to demonstrate;
- - If you have another inspector or contractor scheduled to look at the property, we ask that they not enter the home at the same time as our inspectors. If this is not possible, we ask that they maintain a 6 foot distance.
- Reschedule the inspection if anyone in the home:
- feels sick or exhibits symptoms of a respiratory illness or;
- has been out of the province in the last 14 days or;
- has had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Sellers please wipe bathroom and kitchen fixtures, light switches, toilet handles and doorknobs with a sanitizing wipe before the inspection.Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding your home inspection service.