COVID-19 and Your Home Inspection Service
At this point Canadian Residential continues to provide our professional home inspection services in most locations as we know there are contractual deadlines that must be met with your real estate transaction. We are monitoring the news closely for information that may affect the inspection and will update you accordingly.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have some changes to the normal process for a Home Inspection to ensure the health and safety of our home inspectors, clients, home sellers, friends and family. Please review the following information and contact us if you have questions or concerns.
Our Home Inspectors
- will reschedule the inspection if they feel sick or if they exhibit symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- will make every effort to ensure they wear disposable gloves, use santitizing wipes and social distancing measures during inspections.
- Do not attend the inspection. Your home inspector will gladly review your report by phone, Skype or FaceTime. This is not at all unusual, we do many inspections for out-of-town clients.
- If you wish to see the functionality of any item within the home, mention this to your inspector ahead of time as they can demonstrate via Facetime.
- If you have another inspector or contractor scheduled to look at the property, we ask that they not enter the home at the same time as our inspectors.
- Reschedule the inspection if anyone in the home:
- feels sick or exhibits symptoms of a respiratory illness or;
- has been out of the province in the last 14 days or;
- has had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Do not attend attend. Make arrangements for everyone to be out of the home during the inspection.
- Please wipe bathroom and kitchen fixtures, light switches, toilet handles and doorknobs with a sanitizing wipe before the inspection.