COVID-19 and Your Home Inspection Service
Canadian Residential continues to provide our professional home inspection services in all locations. We monitor health guidelines closely for information that may affect the inspection and will update you accordingly.
Across the country the number of Covid-19 cases varies along with the health guidelines within specific jurisdictions. Inspectors within each jurisdiction must first adhere to the health regulations in place but to minimize risk for all parties involved at a minimum, Canadian Residential has some changes to the normal process for a Home Inspection to ensure the health and safety of our home inspectors, clients, home sellers, friends and family. Best practice is for no one but the home inspector attend the home inspection. Review of the inspection report can take place over the telephone, Facetime or Skype. If you absolutely feel you must attend please discuss with your inspector his comfort level and the local regulations. You should arrive only during the last 30 minutes of the inspection for the report review. Discuss with your Home Inspector what time you shoudl arrive.
Please review the following information and contact us if you have questions or concerns.
Our Home Inspectors
- will reschedule the inspection if they feel sick or if they exhibit symptoms of a respiratory illness or if they have been in contact with someone who has displayed symptoms or has tested positive for Covid-19;
- offer no handshakes, or other customary greetings that may result in close contact;
- will practice social distancing;
- will wear a mask when unable to social distance;
- will use hand sanitizer before and after the inspection;
- will make every effort to ensure proper cleaning of all contacted surfaces with sanitizing wipes after inspection.
- It is preferred you not attend the inspection at all.
- If you must attend, do not bring other people to the inspection such as children or extended family - client only.
- Arrive during the last 30 minutes of the inspection, discuss the time with your Home Inspector.
- Avoid touching things. If you wish to see the functionality of any item within the home, please ask your inspector to demonstrate;
- If you have another inspector or contractor scheduled to look at the property, we ask that they not enter the home at the same time as our inspectors. If this is not possible, we ask that they maintain a 6 foot distance at all times.
- Reschedule the inspection if anyone in the home:
- feels sick or exhibits symptoms of a respiratory illness or;
- has been out of the country in the last 14 days or;
- has had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Sellers please wipe bathroom and kitchen fixtures, light switches, toilet handles and doorknobs with a sanitizing wipe before the inspection.Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding your home inspection service.